There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else. – Sam Walton
Educate them about what, you may be thinking? Well, consider this, many businesses focus solely on attracting new customers, but you NEED to spend a good chunk of your time retaining current and getting back former customers. These are people you already know to be a good sales potential…they’ve already bought from you!
Take the time to market and sell new products to your existing customers and less time trying to sell existing products to new customers and you will see a drastic change in your revenue, customer retention, and sales acquisition costs.
Here are a few things key points use a guide for customer lifecycle engagement:
- Stay in contact: By phone, email, e-newsletter, in person, etc.
- Post-Purchase Assurance: This means you must follow up with customers. They need to feel like they are being supported for doing business with you and with the item they purchased. How many times have you purchased a product, then felt completely abandoned? Something as simple as a “Thank You” note with your contact or customer service information can go along way in retaining a great customer.
- Deals & Guarantees: Always offer your current customers the best deals and guarantees you have. Show them you appreciate their business in some way. For example, you might even come up with a club specifically to reward loyal customers.
- Integrity: Using good business practices and simply upholding integrity, dignity and honesty go along way with customers.
There are three cornerstone ideas for a successful business:
- Deliver quality products/services
- Offer useful products/services that solve a problem for or enhance the life of a customer
- Educate your customers, offer them real information and insight and you will be rewarded with loyalty and success.
Stop devoting all your time to new prospects while your current customers fall by the wayside!
We can help you educate your customers and you can watch the benefits pay offer many-fold. Contact me @ (281) 817-7391 or email@example.com.